CASTILLO DENTAL CARE
HOME CARE INSTRUCTIONS FOR
HOME BLEACHING or WHITENING
1. It is important that you brush and floss before inserting the bleaching trays. The gel works more effectively on clean teeth.
2. Place a small droplet or two of gel on the inner lining of the tray that comes in contact with the face of each tooth to be lightened, and wear the tray for 2-6 hours. Adapt the tray to the sides of the teeth, and remove excess gel with a clean finger or soft toothbrush. (For best results it is recommended that you wear the trays overnight).
3. You may experience sensitivity to temperature changes or acidic foods. If the sensitivity persists hold off on the treatment for 1 or 2 nights. If the sensitivity is especially intense and does not subside, stop the treatment and call our office.
4. Most of the tooth whitening will occur in 1-2 weeks if the treatments are done continuously. Lowering your intake of caffeinated drinks and refraining from smoking will optimize your results.
Care of the Bleaching Trays
1. Clean the trays daily with a soft tooth brush and soapy water, and store them in the case provided.
2. At least once a week, soak the trays in a denture cleanser, (such as Efferdent or Polident).
1. Itís recommended that pregnant or lactating women not bleach.
2. Keep the gel out of heat/sunlight. Do not freeze.
3. Foods and juices high in acid may cause sensitivity.
4. Do not use tobacco products or eat while bleaching.
5. Crowns and other tooth-colored restorations do not respond to bleaching, and may require alteration or replacement to match whitened tooth shades.
If you have any questions or problems, please contact our office.